Saturday, October 28, 2017

2017 - Day 301/64 - Saturday...

The north-bound new toll lanes on MoPac have been open for at least two or three months, and yesterday was the first time I tried them out. I take it back, parts have been open and the whole thing has been open for about a month. As I was getting ready to got onto MoPac, I could see that traffic was backed up, so I opted for the toll lane. There was a time or two that I stopped (in the toll lane), but I definitely made it to the site of the wreck faster than the folks that were not paying the fee. I would have been REALLY angry if the emergency service folks had actually closed the toll lane even though the incident was on the other side, but they didn't. I guess the traffic in the toll lane stopped for the lookie-lous, or maybe the people that were wanting to take photos for journalistic documentation.

Whatever.

I got a few things done today. First thing was coffee, breakfast and the paper. Then we piled the dining room rug into the truck to have it cleaned. Those darned girl dogs. Everything has been better since we started crating them at night, and after the first night, they have not had any issues with the pen. When we got back home, I took care of some home office stuff, and then I started moving hay. Hubert baled hay two weeks ago (while I was in Orlando), and today was the first chance I had to gather it all up. We got 34 bales on the back field, I moved 22 of the bales and took 2 bales to the cattle. I have ten more bales to move tomorrow.

It is (maybe) supposed to be down in the lower 30s overnight, so all the potted plants are in the garage or in the house. I expect I will take them back out tomorrow and give them all a good watering. Then I will be back in Austin for a little while, I have a 10 o'clock showing.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FAST LANE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment