Thursday, October 26, 2017

2017 - Day 299/66 - Thursday...

NOTE: The names and locations of events depicted in this journal entry have been changed to protect the innocent. It seems there are a lot of RULES applied when it comes to early voting (somewhere in Texas). I stopped to cast my ballot early this morning on my way to the office. I was too early. The early voting location was fully staffed but I was too early. By twenty minutes. There was a little bit of a hissy fit thrown (no names will be mentioned, see the disclaimer above), and it was explained that NEXT Thursday and Friday the hours would be extended and they could begin taking votes at 7 a.m. I explained to them that TODAY was not next Thursday OR Friday, and I was on my way. When I returned on my way home, I was recognized. I knew I would be recognized, because I was wearing canary yellow Crocs, pretty much of a dead give-away in the county (again not mentioned by name) in which I was attempting to cast my ballot. I successfully was able to cast my ballot, but I was not allowed to take a photo of the "I VOTED" stickers, and when my cell phone rang while I was manipulating my electronic ballot with the eraser on a brand new pencil, you would have though North Korea (I will go ahead and risk naming that country) had successfully launched another missile and that it was expected to hit this polling location any minute. I was however, able to sweet talk my way into taking a photo of the back of one of the polling staff, although I had to swear that (he or she) would not be recognizable in this journal entry.

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EARLY VOTING, Kindnesses, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment