Saturday, October 7, 2017

2017 - Day 280/85 - Saturday...

Our good neighbor (no chicken killing dogs on that side) stopped by this afternoon. He has a place up in Colorado that he hangs out at some during the hot Texas summers, and it seems he had a really good week of trout fishing. He brought us back two fresh trout filets and two frozen filets. PERFECT! Jody is in the kitchen scouring the cook books seeing what kind of cooking he wants to do, but it seems we will be having some fresh Colorado trout for dinner tomorrow night! I got some stuff done today, my chore list was not too long because I had actually done some of it during the week this week. I cut grass on Thursday, today I took the cattle a bale of hay (which is usually a Sunday thing), so tomorrow I will clean the chicken coop and then work on some office stuff. Nice to have not so much to be done on the weekends, so I think I will try to do that more often. Also, I think as the summer fades into fall, that will automatically lessen the work around the house somewhat. Our friends Joe Mac and Caroline made it back to their house in Mississippi, just in time for the latest hurricane to hit. All the loose (flyable) things are secures, not just waiting on the winds and rains. Keep them in your thoughts!
Next weekend I have 280 bulbs to be planted. I wonder how much watering they will require? Deeds, Actions, Changes, TROUT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment