Sunday, October 15, 2017

2017 - Day 288/77 - Sunday...

I accidentally learned a few things today. I kind of hate that. It is Sunday. I do not want to learn things. But, it was out of my control. Here we go. 1. I have known for a long time that duct tape could fix just about anything. I realized over the past several months that, whatever duct tape cannot fix, Gorilla Tape CAN! For months I have been battling with one of the downspouts that feeds rainwater (haha) into one of the rainwater collectors we have here. There has been some shifting of the base of the collector, and the down spout was just not fitting as well as it used to. My first plan was to call the gutter guy and tell him I needed a new piece of downspout about three inches longer than the one we have. The second idea was to tell the gutter man that I needed a 'cuff' about 4 to six inches long, I figured that would do the trick. Then today, I decided that black Gorilla Tape would do the trick. We shall see, but for now, I am happy with the results. The black tape is not the same color as the spouts (elephant grey), but no one will see it expect me and Jody (and you if you want to make the trip to the edge of nowhere), so I am good with that. 2. I have known for some time that you should not spit into the wind. If you follow that logic just a little further, you will realize too that, you should not p*ss into the wind either. And if you follow that reasoning a little bit further, you would come to the conclusion that you should not 'mow' into the wind. The north winds did indeed arrive this morning, and they were coming in at a pretty good clip. I decided to mow some of the grass that I did not get to yesterday, and I can guarantee you that, you should not mow INTO the wind. 3. The quest that is advertised at Chipotle is not as attractive in person as it is in the television commercials. Jody and I saw a commercial for the Chipotle quest the other night, and we decided we would go today and try it out. We were both disappointed. The quest was kind of curdled. The chips were stale, and I think they thought the could overcome the staleness by gluing extra salt onto them. A terrible disappointment. No need to make another pilgrimage to Chipotle for those. 4. I am messy. See item number three. I should not be allowed to dine out in public. I ordered a burrito and it took me no time at all to turn it into a gelatinous mess surrounded by aluminum foil. Did you know you have to ask for a plastic knife at Chipotle? They are pretty generous with forks, but there is a little sign that says if you would like a knife or spoon, the cashier will be happy to accommodate you. I get that MAYBE a plastic knife could cause some physical harm if you thought the quest was not as advertised, but what about the spoons? Has anyone ever been charged with a state jail misdemeanor of assault with a deadly plastic utensil? I think probably not. I only go into this because I know I am a slob. If it were up to me, almost all foods would be consumed with the appropriate cutlery. I especially enjoy a Snicker bar with a knife and fork. Not plastic. But, that is just another instance of my COD-ness. Tomorrow is the last day to file your income tax! Just saying... Deeds, Actions, Changes, GORILLA TAPE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment