Thursday, October 12, 2017

2017 - Day 285/80 - Thursday...

Today was the finale of our annual TREPAC Orientation at the Texas Association of REALTORS®. My portion of the orientation began Tuesday morning and ended after lunch today. The Board Officer Leadership Conference began today AT lunch (combined) and their portion will end tomorrow. Not sure what time. This is my fifth year as a TREPAC Trustee, and I enjoy every minute of it. We had a great orientation, and I was especially honored this afternoon during the lunch. I got plenty of recognition during the orientation, but this particular recognition was really something special to me. I NEVER include the last names of people on this journal (unless they are politicians of other well know people), but today I am going to break that rule. My friend, colleague and fellow TREPAC Trustee Steve Stovall from Abilene, Texas pass his 'OWN IT' coin on to me today. 'OWN IT' is a National Association of REALTORS® theme this year, meant to influence our REALTOR® colleagues to OWN the decisions they make. The next several sentences were copied from the NAR web-site: REALTORS® Own It Coins celebrate REALTORS® Own It Spirit -- that when we take ownership of our associations, change happens, and when we each bring our unique gifts and insights to the table, our organization evolves. The Coins were first unveiled at the 2018 NAR Leadership Summit and the Committee Leadership Camp, where incoming local, state, and national REALTOR® leaders and Association Executives were presented with Own It Coins in appreciation for their commitment to serve their fellow REALTORS® and their willingness to lead our Associations. While the coins serve as tokens of gratitude, receivers do not keep the coins. Recipients are instructed to re-gift the coins, to pass them along to other REALTORS® who embody the Own It Spirit. Think of it as the domino effect or paying it forward. Our hope is that every recipient of an Own It Coin continues to pass it along to another worthy recipient to ensure the coins remain in circulation for years to come. I will keep the coin in my pocket for a week or two, and then I will pass it on. I have already registered the coin (they each have a serial number) and I will enjoy watching where it goes in the years to come. Thanks Steve, I am totally humbled that you chose me to pass your coin to. You are a good friend, and a role model to all our colleagues! Deeds, Actions, Changes, OWN IT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment