Tuesday, October 3, 2017

2017 - Day 276/89 - Tuesday...

I was all prepared to be mopey and disappointed when I got home this afternoon. I had been surveying the weather radar all afternoon, and there was no rain on the edge of nowhere. There was rain all around, and there was rain in Austin, but nothing on the edge of nowhere. Happily, when I got home, there was over an inch-and-a-half or rain in the gauge, and there has been a little bit more rain since then. Lovely. I am especially happy that the pH factors of the rain water are beneficial to the little planted things out there. About ten days ago (the day I left for Houston) I planted more of the Pride of Barbados seeds in a couple pots, and they are coming up. I think that is very exciting. I thought I saw life this morning, but I just checked outside and they are indeed pushing up through the potting soil. It rained off and on today in Austin, and on the way home, I was traveling leisurely up IH-35 and lo-and-behold there was a spider creeping along the trim outside the window on the drivers side. If you can see from this photo, he is a hairy little guy, and I hope he made it safely to where ever he was heading. Otherwise, it was a relatively nice day. I had a meeting this morning and the office met for lunch this afternoon to welcome a couple new agents. It was nice and everyone had a good time visiting. Not sure, but there may be some more rain overnight, then that will be it for a while. I think the rainfall will keep me from needing to water like a mad-person for at least another week, and that is comforting. Deeds, Actions, Changes, SPIDERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment