Sunday, December 10, 2017

2017 - Day 344/21 - Sunday...

This is the Lexie girl dog, lovingly referred to (by me) as the piglet. She is a cute girl, and she pretty much tries to attach herself at the hip to Jody. Wherever Jody is, the piglet is not far away. On occasion (and this was one of them) she will abandon Jody for a few minutes and come and sit in the chair with me. But not for long. The piglet adopted Jody and the Callie girl pretty much adopted me. Life is good.

I got all (okay all but two) of the chores done before 11 this morning, so Jody and I headed off to Round Rock for a little bit of shopping. For us BOTH to be in a department store together is kind of a surreal thing. I go into department stores (not including Target) on kind of an annual basis. I would say it has been probably at least three years since Jody has been inside one. Anyway, we shopped two different stores and then it was time to head home. Once home, we had a bowl of soup, then we went down for naps, and then I finished the last two chores for the day.

Since we now have a rooster in the mix (and a pretty frisky one at that), we are going to leave the eggs in one of the nesting boxes (Pancake is brooding in one particular box) and see if they hatch. That decision was just made today, and there is currently one egg in the box, so if this experiment works, we may have some New Years chicks. We shall see.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PIGLETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment