Thursday, December 21, 2017

2017 - Day 355/10 - Thursday...

It wasn't this bad, and it certainly could have been worse, but we did have another leak today. As I reported (I think) yesterday, there was a small leak out in one of the pasture troughs that caused us to lose about 200 gallons of water. Today, I checked the meters, and the water meter was going crazy. I found the leak (back in the furthest pasture) and could not find anyone to fix it. Of course, it was about 4:30 when I checked the meter, and it took me about a half hour to find the leak, and then a while to call around (with no luck) to find an after hours kind of a plumber. I called our neighbor (the one we like) to see if he knew a plumber, and he came over and figured out what we needed, we turned off the main water line, went to Tractor Supply in Jarrell (where they are woefully under-stocked with pac fittings) and got supplies to cap off the leak. That is good enough for me, since we were not using that water line back there anyway. Since we got rid of most of the cattle and we had some good rains recently, the cattle are not dependent on that far trough. A total repair can wait until a more opportune time. Total water loss for the day: 5,600 gallons (give or take).

And they laugh at me for checking the meters every day.

Bless our neighbors!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LEAKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment