Thursday, December 28, 2017

2017 - Day 362/3 - Thursday...

This is the girl that is brooding on the Guinness Book of World Records number of eggs. At last count (about a week ago) she was sitting on 17 eggs. I have no reason to believe that all those eggs were laid by her, but I do have plenty of reason to believe that the boy chicken is a frisky one. He is certainly sewing his seed, but whether he is performing as intended is another story. As I said in an earlier post, the first hatch should be around the 31st of this month, the last day of this year. According to my Internet research (and it has to be right), they can hatch a day or two before or a day or two after, but somewhere in that neighborhood. In the meantime, I am getting the nursery ready for the new arrivals. Of course, this weekend will be the coldest weather in the past two or three years, but I think everything will be under control.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BROODY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment