Saturday, February 1, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 32/334, 2020 - Saturday

As I was going in to Austin this morning, I stopped at the Tesla service center to see if I could get one small thing corrected (should only take 15 minutes, tops), but the service department was closed. They only service Monday through Friday now, apparently. The showroom was open, so there were people there, and apparently there was someone (slumming) that was driving a Rolls Royce SUV. I knew there was such a vehicle, but I had never seen one up close.It is called the Rolls Royce Cullinan, list price is $400K, and it weighs a little over three tons. It was not really very stylish looking, kind of just a big box, but I guess that is known as "under-stated" in Rolls Royce language. I wish I could have seen inside, but I did not want to get my nose print or any slobber on the windows. I bet a dollar the seats are rich, corinthian leather!

Bat meat is a folk aphrodisiac in parts of Indonesia and Malaysia. Bats are a fairly common food item there, so they're inexpensive in markets. Bats are served up like a Western romantic dinner-whole, like a lobster.

No comments:

Post a Comment