Saturday, February 22, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 53/313, 2020 - Saturday

I am not really sure where to begin this entry, but here we go. I am nesting. Moving stuff around, doing stuff around the house. Maybe a little de-cluttering. I bought a new bed today (actually I just bought a new mattress set), that was really an experience. It seems I have forgotten how to shop for stuff like that, and all the rules have changed. I actually started shopping for the new mattress yesterday, and it was not at all successful. I probably need counseling, but I did get it done this afternoon. There is a domino affect when you buy a new mattress set. You have to buy sheets. And a comforter. And a cover for the comforter, and stuff like that. BUT, that is all done, and the mattress is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, sometime after noon.

I came home from all that shopping (I stopped at a local nursery to ask about fertilizing and pre-emergent weed killing), and cut a very little bit of grass, primarily in the dog yard. Then I had some cold baked chicken, did a few more things around the house, fed the dogs, and a little while later I let the girls out in the back yard. Oh shit, I forgot to close the gate when I cut the grass. I would never have paid attention except the piglet was suddenly on the front porch. I got her in the house, and panicked about where Callie was. It took just one trip around the house, and there she was. I don't know what she had been up to, but I think she was feeling guilty about something.

And I am pretty sure I need some kind of counseling. Not really, just talking. And the spring blooms are coming up nicely here and there. Too bad it is not spring yet. Oh dear...

No comments:

Post a Comment