Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 36/330, 2020 - Wednesday

I am not sure if poppies will be affected by the cold temperatures overnight tonight, but I expect they will be. I have passed by this bed of poppies every afternoon for about the last week, and today I was lucky enough to be stopped in front of the so I could document them before they are destroyed by the cold. The cold will be good for the peach trees out in the back, so I guess some good will come from this. At eight o'clock this evening, it was 35 degrees. It is not forecast to be as cold as predicted yesterday, but it is expected to hit the freezing mark. Same forecast for Friday morning as well. I do know this for sure: If you try to use a piece of string cheese as a highlighter, it will not work.

Brian Guest, 51, of Perth, Australia, was a longtime and controversial advocate for the protection of sharks. In December 2008, he was snorkeling at a beach not too far from his home, when he was attacked and killed by a shark. Guest's son Daniel, 24, said the attack was a random event, and that it shouldn't make people afraid of sharks. Aren't all shark attacks random events?

No comments:

Post a Comment