Monday, February 17, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 48/318, 2020 - Monday

The stuff I run across on a pretty regular basis (almost) never ceases to amaze me. I think these stupid things are everywhere, but we just do not always take a minute to pay attention to them. I have passed this 'warning sign' no less than four times today, and I drug at least two people out of their way to take a look at it. Why would you go to all the trouble of covering up a hole with a sign that says 'hole?' It seems like it would be easier to just fill the hole in with dirt and go on about your business. Am I missing something there? Maybe. Maybe there was no dirt dug out from where the hole was. Maybe it was the result of a water leak, and the dirt washed away. Maybe they hauled the dirt off in a wheel barrel. I call them wheel barrels (because it makes more sense to me), instead of wheel barrow. Or whatever it is that the rest of the world calls something with a wheel in the front, two handles, and can be used to transport dirt, instead of filling the hole back up with the dirt that was just dug out of the hole.

Whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment