Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day Eight...

Okay, I know most of you are sick about hearing how wonderful Austin is, well get over it, we can't help it.About a year ago, I got started crocheting (our Assistant MR. FABULOUS TOM crocheted some wonderful Christmas gifts, and he showed me how to do it). Well, I really liked doing it, and even thought about trying knitting. Knitting is not like you see on tv...Aunt Bea in the living room talking with Andy and Opie, and just going to town with those needles. Nope, it is HARD TO DO, so of course, I took one class and then promptly quit.Crocheting survived, though, and I crocheted several scarves (mufflers) and gave them away as Christmas gifts. They were all really well received, so I think I will start that again, and see what comes of it. I like doing it and it is fun and easy, and it fills time when I would otherwise be wasting time.Today was my Meals-On-Wheels day, and actually tomorrow is the anniversary of the day I began delivering Meals-On-Wheels in 1997. Wow, that seems like a long time ago, but I have really enjoyed doing it. Last year I actually crocheted a hat and scarf for one of my clients, who was always cold. She liked it a lot, and she in fact crocheted me a really pretty afghan. That was really nice.Jody and I went to a local restaurant here in Bartlett this evening called Lois and Jerry's. I think the place has been there forever, and it was really pretty good food, although I doubt that it is listed in the Michelin guide. I really had expected it to be kind of smoky and dark, but it wasn't...well, it was kind of dark, but not smoky and not loud at all. Just a nice place out in the country. Many of the people inside knew each other, it was nice.So, that is pretty much it for today, when you finish this, think about changing one light bulb in your house to a compact fluorescent bulb, or if you you are feeling really wild, change out two of them. They really cast a nice light, and if a lot of people did that, the country could save a lot of energy. Not hard to do at all, and there is a lot of benefit.

2 comments:

  1. Did you forget to do something nice for someone today, or just forget to remind us to?
    Did your pool guy ever show up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TGhe pool guy never showed up, he is now scheduled for January 19th.  And you can only do so many nice things...sometimes you have to think outside the niceness.

    ReplyDelete