Sunday, January 25, 2009

Day Twenty Five...

Space...Self-Respect...Issues with Authority Figures. Those are my issues for the day. I always get wrapped up with issues when I am originally faced with them, but then it seems everything works out. Now, if I were smart, I would stop now, but oh-no, I am going to just keep on rambling on and end up in big trouble with this post. Hmmm, on second thought, I think I will just quit this train of thought right now, while I am ahead. I think I will revisit it when it is not quite as fresh in my mind. Everything looks better with a little age on it, and for that I am pleased. Really pleased!

Well, darn, it looks like our windmill kind of broke, I hate that. It is just a small (about 6 feet high) windmill, but it was an anniversary gift to me from Jody back several years ago for the original farm. We brought it up here last fall, and it has probably seen more wind in the past three months than it did in the entire four or five years down at Red Rock. The tail of the windmill actually broke off, and I am not sure it can be fixed, but we will try to get it repaired. If not, we will use what we can salvage as borders around the flower beds and pathways.

We had company for lunch this afternoon, that was very nice. Our friends Lynda and Michael came up from Austin, and Jody had made some Borscht (num-yummy) and it was delicious. Great hot beet soup, some nice bread and a selection of cheeses on a chilly mid-January day. I am not sure anything could be better than that.

After lunch, Lynda and I went on a tour of the property, and Lynda drove the mule while I sat in the bed and let her chauffeur us around. We made stops at all the appropriate places, and Mr. Speckles came up to us at one of the fences for some petting and burr removal. Our cattle are really not like cattle, more like giant chihuahua doggies. They just eat more, and really poop a LOT more.

Now, go find yourself someone that needs a burr removed, and take care of it for them. They will really appreciate it, and you will feel good for having helped someone out of a sticky spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment