Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day Twenty Nine...

BRR-it's cold. It is starting to sound like a broken record here. There was not as much ice on the cattle trough this morning as yesterday, but enough is enough already. It would most likely be less of an inconvenience if I were to dress more appropriately for the weather, but that is not likely. Coats and jackets are Cumbersome. It is supposed to be cold again tonight, and I am over this "low temperatures below the freezing mark" crap. This is Central Texas at the end of January for goodness-sake. That should be good for something!

Today is meals-on-wheels day (every Thursday) and I always like doing that. The facilitator and one other guy at my pick-up location are always there early, and we usually have a good time talking about all our troubles before the meals arrive. Today the meals were already there before I arrived, so it was in-and-out, nobody gets hurt, but it did cut down on my socializing with the guys. Really a lot of fun...I can't wait til I get to the point that I am socializing with a bunch of old guys and we are comparing scars and hospital visits. Something to look forward to! Most of the clients I deliver to are really nice people, and it is a pleasure for me to get to share a few minutes with them. One of my clients is a lady that can, literally "cuss a blue streak". It does not happen often, but every now and then, something sets her off and she is gone to the races!

The end of the month is pretty slow in the office, I have a 5:30 PM appointment to meet with some property management prospects, and that means I will be getting home late. I don't expect to be home much before 730 or 8PM, so that makes for a long day.

More later...

It is now later...again...In the process of getting the final move started from the city to the country, I have been finding lots of old family photos...and I have this one to share with you...I am not sure exactly what I would like more today...the jacket or the hair, but I am thinking the hair. The crushed velvet jacket would go really nicely with my pink knock-off Crocs though.

Now...go rescue someone from a fashion disaster, but if it is actually just prehistoric fashion faux pas, re-assure them that they must have really been cutting edge in the fashion world back then.

I don't think it is really a sin to tell a lie, and if you are simply making someone feel better about their ancient past fashion foibles, and you will make a couple people feel good at the same time. You personally will be killing yourself laughing, and the other person will no longer be contemplating suicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment