Friday, January 9, 2009

Day Nine...

This is what the cop (Badge #4525 I think) looks like as he is presenting me with my brand-new speeding ticket! Notice the evil smile on his face? Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I was ZOOMING (that should not be considered an admission of guilt) down Manchaca this morning on my way to show some property, and all of a sudden I saw the twinkly lights in my rear-view mirror. I pulled over and was just as nice as I could possibly be. Do you know how fast you were going? Actually,no officer, I just thought I was keeping up with the flow of traffic around me. I clocked you at 69 miles per hour in a 45 mile zone. Oh my (hand to forehead) I had no idea! I am going to give you a citation for 55 in a 45 mile zone. Oh, thank you officer, (I wonder if that is legal? Is that some sort of tampering with evidence?) thank you very much. Smile for the birdie, say cheese!



I just love the smell of damp pastures in the morning. I woke up this morning and it was 64 degrees outside, and the humidity must have been very high. On my way out to retrieve the newspaper, the scent of pastures, cows and manure was permeating the air, and I thought it was just a little bit of heaven. If I didn't know better, I would have thought I was in Brenham, Texas where all the happy cows live that make the milk for Blue Bell Ice Cream. No, I am not kidding, I like that smell. Get over it!

Okay, and so those were the good parts of my day. As the day progressed, things kind of/sort of took a turn for the down sides, although there is really nothing I can put my fingers on, just kind of an overwhelming feeling on impending doom. I made it home from the office with no trouble, and traffic was no worse than usual. Just had some feeling of uneasiness.

Maybe it was the #5 special I had for lunch. But I am not feeling physically uncomfortable.

I am looking forward to the weekend. Plans are to move the Christmas stuff from the attic in the condo to the new house in the country. Stay tuned for sweaty photos on tomorrows blog.

Now, go find a dog to pet, that will always make you feel better. If you must, it is okay to pet a cat, but I do not recommend that you try to pet a goldfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment