Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day Ten...

The man on the news today said that the moon tonight would be closer to the earth than any other day this year, so I thought I would see if I could get a photo of that. It is not easy taking a photo of the moon, IT'S DARK don't 'cha know? Anyway, you can kind of get the idea. Just kind of squint your eyes, and work with me here...this is the closest you will see the moon this year. Which brings me to another point...you know when people on the news say that the visibility is 15 or 20miles? Well, I can see the moon, so that makes the visibility a lot further than that, right? Am I missing something there?

So...today was a typical Saturday for me...started the day early as usual, and we left the house at about 830AM to go into town. The goal for the day was to get all our Christmas stuff out of the attic at the condo, and move it to storage at the farm. We also picked up a couple rugs while we were there, so the dog is not acting like a cartoon dog all the time on the floors. Things went very nicely with that chore, and we were done in less than an hour. Well, the getting the stuff out of the attic and into the truck was done in less than an hour. You have to remember that it takes an hour to get from the farm to the condo. But moving a few things at a time like that gives me a certain sense of accomplishment, so that is a good thing.

On the way back, I went through Leander to show one of the properties there for lease, and that was a long showing, because the property for lease is part of a 27 acre piece of land, and these folks are moving from the northwest part of the United States and they have three horses and three dogs...but it was good that I could get that worked into the day as well. The showing was good, and that made it a good thing.

We got home, and had sandwiches, and then Jody and I started getting the stuff out of the truck and into the storage building. This storage building we have is relatively big as buildings go, and there are three attic spaces in it as well, and most of these things (okay everything we moved today) went into one of those attic areas. We have about maybe half or a third of that attic space still available, and we will have plenty of room for everything to be stored when we get it all sorted through. That might be a task for tomorrow, we shall see.

Okay, the next exciting thing that I accomplished today was getting a couple new pairs of shows. My poor, tired feet were in need of something with a bit more "heel support" according to the experts, so no more LL Bean sliders for me. it is a pain in the foot getting older. Nothing can be taken for granted anymore, and I don't like it. And while we are on that subject, it would seem like someone would come up with some sort of manual on aging. I think if we can put a man on the moon, we could have a manual about what to expect as we get older...AND I am not getting any wiser, either.

All right, that is pretty much the end of my blathering for today, but you know, I had a really great day. I hope anyone that is reading this (I have no idea if anyone reads these things) feels that they are as lucky as I am. I really think that I am just about the luckiest guy on the planet...yep, that's it the truth. I am a lucky person. I am blessed!

Now, go think of something nice that you can do for someone...I know it is late, but it is not too early to plan your nice deed for tomorrow. It may be something as simple are letting someone cut in front of you in traffic, without laying on the horn. I know, instead of getting upset, why not invite someone to merge in front of you? What a concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment