Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day Twenty...

Well..........
You know you make me want to (CUSS)
Kick my heals up and (CUSS)
Throw my hands up and (CUSS)
Throw my head back and (CUSS)
Come on now (CUSS)
Don't forget to say you will
Don't forget to say-ay-ay-ay-ay-yeah

Take a real good look at this photograph. There is so much wrong with it, it is just beyond words. Take a good look...the car is a relatively new Honda Fit...and the female passenger has her hand hanging out the window because she does not want the cigarette smoke defiling her interior. AND, she has a red pine tree air freshener hanging from her rear view mirror. AND, she has an OBAMA FOR CHANGE bumper sticker on the back of her car. AND she is flicking cigarette ashes as she goes...AND FINALLY, she flicks the butt of her cigarette onto the Interstate. Thirty seconds later, she lights up another one and the whole thing starts over again.

Maybe today is the day of change for this young lady...the driver of this car was not an older (like me) person. She is a young person, obviously transplanted here from some exotic locale like New Jersey, because no one from Texas would actually do suckh a thing to our environment. We shall see...

Today is inauguration day, and I do hope that I can change with the times. I hope, above all, that I become a more patient person. Patience is really what I consider to be my worst fault. I have no patience, and I show my lack of patience with those closest to me, and I do not like it. So...okay...right now...and going forward...I am taking a vow of patience. I think every action has a reaction, so maybe my becoming more patient with everyone around me, will cause peace to break out in the middle east. It could happen.

NOW, go out and show someone some patience. Be just a teeny bit more tolerant of people in front of you on the expressway, doing things you consider to be ignorant, rude, crude and socially inexcusable. Go be nice to someone. We will all be happier for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment