Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Day Six...

The absolutely worst day in Austin, Texas (and its' environs, I actually live in the environs) is better than the best day anywhere else. And today, it is an absolutely gorgeous beautiful day here. It started out cold and rainy and dark (okay it was early) but it is now 61 sunny degrees, and all is right with the world (with the possible exceptions of Gaza, Minnesota, Illinois and Washington, DC).

The day did not show very much promise when it began. I woke up at about 315AM and laid there until I finally got up at 345AM. I saw the paper being delivered at about 415AM so I walked out to get it IN THE RAIN! I usually take the dog out at the same time I go for the paper, but not today. IT WAS RAINING and it was about 40 degrees and it was DARK! When I finally got the dog up, he looked at me like "Are you crazy, it is RAINING, can't I just go over there and pee in the corner?"

Anyway...driving in today was a treat, school systems are back in session after the Holiday break, and it was RAINING. In the dark and in the rain I drive even more like an old lady in my little energy efficient automobile, so I took me a little longer to get in than usual. No wrecks though, it was too early.

First thing on the agenda was a 2009 Housing and Economic Forecast breakfast, pretty intersting stuff, and I learned a few things, so that was good. I try to learn something everyday, willingly or not, it makes no difference. Here is one of the things I learned: Do you know the difference between (insert the name of your favorite college football team that lost in the playoffs) and Rice krispies? Rice Krispies know what to do in a bowl! The speaker this morning used the Texas Aggies in his example, but you are welcome to use anything you want, and please feel free to take credit for the joke.

Afterwards, I made it back to the office for the first time this week, and got quite a lot of work done. Life is good. I also got a chance to get out a bit and enjoy this day. Soon I will be back on the expressway (is that an oxymoron) headed north, and quite possibly sitting idly for anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes. But I am not complaining. Please feel free to refer to the first sentence in this entry. It is true!

Now, please be kind and do something for someone less fortunate than yourself. Have you ever thought about delivering meals-on-wheels? Once you try it you will be hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment