Monday, January 5, 2009

Day Five...

This is what I look like driving up I-35 after getting my car serviced.

Well, today was the first day of my new experiment to work from home on Mondays. It is all part of my effort to go into the office less and work from home more. Since we have moved 50 miles from the office, this seems like a smart thing to do. I was not totally convinced that I would be able to do it, but today has been great, and there has not been a single thing that I have been unable to do because of working from home. I have been using GO TO MY PC for a couple years and it has always worked well, but today was the real test. That and the Instant Messaging through Google, and all has been well. I am sure our assistant at the office appreciates that I am not around, and I imagine that he is much more productive with me not in the office.

Today is still cold and it rained some this morning, so there are forecasts of freezing rain, but I really do not think that will be an issue. We will see what the forecasts are for the overnight period.

I had all kinds of vendors scheduled to come to the house today; one septic guy to come out and install something on the septic, and a pool person to go over the pool intricacies with me. The septic folks showed up two-and-a-half hours late and the pool people never showed at all. There is big difference in living in the country than in the city, folks just take things as they come, and they will do their best, but it is not the end of the world if something does not get done according to your perceived notion that schedules are made to be kept. I really do not mind it at all.

The well pump at the other farm went out last Friday which caused the holding tank to implode, which accounts for the tenants description of an "explosion in the carport storage room and now we don't have any water". Oh well, it will all be fixed by this afternoon (maybe) and there is a bit of insurance that will cover part of that expense (allegedly). You really do not want to get me started about insurance companies...we will leave that for another post.

So, we have another big fire in the fireplace and the day is winding down. Wish you all could be here to enjoy it with us...

Now, please go do something nice for somebody and expect nothing in return. You will really be pleased at how good it makes you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment