Friday, January 23, 2009

Day Twenty Three...

There was a pretty okay sunrise this morning, not one of the best, but really pretty darn nice. You can actually see sunrises and sunsets in the country where we live, as opposed to in the city where buildings and people get in the way. In the country, if the view of the surroundings does not suit you, you can always go find a rock to stand on, so you can get a better view. There have been some truly breathtaking sunrises and sunsets since we have been in the country, but even just an okay sunrise can really give the start of your day a boost.

So far today has been a good one. I actually transmitted some documents for signatures electronically this morning, pretty much figured it out all by myself...I did not really even have to read the instructions, all I had to do was watch a short film and have my credit card ready, and bingo, it was done! It could have been simpler if someone else had done it for me, but it was really pretty darn simple. I had been wanting to do that for a while, but I was really cautious about it. It was simple, and I think it is the way of the future.

We had a meeting in the office with some business development guys, and that was interesting, good possibilities that those discussions may go somewhere. Always interesting to hear other peoples opinions. It seems FaceBook and YouTube are the new things, and I kind of want to keep the definition between business and personal separated. I may stick my toe in the waters just to test it out, but I still think there needs to be some separation. I don't think that every single thing I do has to have some sort of promotion attached to it for my business life. I do not want to always be promoting, although sometimes I feel I cannot stop. I have always said I am unashamedly, unabashedly self-promoting, and I have pretty much always been proud of that fact. No excuses.

After that, I got some more work done, and then I went to Target to return something that I purchased but determined I really did not need it. Then it was on the Church's Fried Chicken, where I thought I would have lunch. They have a 99cent menu (I just realized this keyboard does not have a cent sign), BUT you have to buy four items from the 99 cent menu to get something. So that does not work out cheaper, and I really don't want all that stuff, so guess what I did? I just left. Not gonna participate. I ended up buying $4 worth of stuff from What-A-Burger instead. It is just the principle of the thing sometimes.

NOW, go buy someone something off your own special dollar menu, and surprise them. It will be fun. And remember, just because you choose not to participate, it does not mean you should not be polite when you are not buying it. Patience is a virtue.

1 comment:

  1. I miss Whataburger! None up this way. It's always on my list of places to eat when I ride south.
    I did finally find a Schlotzsky in Virginia though.

    ReplyDelete