Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day Twenty Two...

Today is expected to be a wonderful day. Early morning PM meeting in the office, Meals-On-Wheels at about 1030, a baby shower at 1130 in the office, and showing property at about 4PM. I need to stay busy. Busy is a good thing.

I got into the office this morning relatively early, we had a quick property management meeting, and then I got lots more work done before going to Meals-On-Wheels. Always fun doing that.

I got back from Meals-On-Wheels and walked into the office where about a half-dozen women were talking and having little sandwiches. As soon as I opened the door, all conversation stopped. I eased back out the door and the only reason I went further into the office was because someone said there was food (see yesterdays reference to REALTORS and free food) and home made pineapple cake. I called down to the other office and told Chad and Tom that I was not going to be the only guy, so they showed up a few minutes later. We ate, Toni opened her gifts (I gave her nipple cream, it was on her registry, so whatever...) and then we all tried to decide when she was going to have the baby. I am going with February 13th, which is a good day because that is the day our condo transaction is supposed to close.

We are still trying to find a front desk person for the office...as I have previously mentioned, we went through about 250 resumes and applications off CraigsList, and we narrowed it down to a handful, and no one will call us back for an interview. We actually have an interview this afternoon at 2PM, so that will be good and hopefully she will be the second person of our dreams (Tom being the first person of our dreams). There is no reason for us to hire anyone that is not smarter and better than me and/or my business partner, I have no insecurities about that. We shall see...

And later on this afternoon I will be showing a few properties for lease, and then I will head home. Unfortunately, I will not get home until after dark, but that is the way it goes. I love where I live, I love where I work, and just because they do not both happen to be in the same counties, well...no big deal.

Now, I suggest you go buy some nipple cream for someone you love. You will both be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment