Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day One...

Okay, I am going to zip right past the parts about I wish you all peace on earth in the New Year. I have always been one to attempt achievable goals, and I have no fantasy that we will have peace around the wrold in the near future. Pity...

So, so far, so good. Today is the first day of the New Year, and all is well. We did some good work today, we moved some stuff from the condo in Austin to the new place in the country. We have been here about two months, and we are living on two chairs. Well, more than that, but really not that much more.

I slept later than usual today, and once I got out of bed, had some New Year's biscuits for breakfast, and then went out to see the cattle.

Cattle are really more photogenic than people. Hmmm...

Okay, having said all that, I think I will upload a couple photos and then make it ready for calling it a day.

Okay, okay...so I am still getting used to this blogging program, I am sometimes a quick learner, but we shall see...

The photos below are not in the order I wanted them to appear, but it is late and I am getting tired. The internet connection at the farm is not THAT fast, so it took a really long time to upload then. Anyway...

The photos are as follows: FIRST, the two heifer calves Lady Bug and Violet. THe SECOND photo is Orchid and Daphne. Violet is Daphne's calf. The THIRD photo is Doodle Bug (Lady Bug's mama) and the happy bull himself, MR. Speckles.

Finally, the last photo is Jody (Joel) and our newly rescued pound puppy, Bear.

More tomorrow. Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment