Sunday, January 4, 2009

What day is this?

Okay, I know this is day four. I am not going totally senile yet, and I cannot keep up already. This is what I really look like when I have been doing things that I really wish I had done yesterday. I much prefer glistening (many people refer to this as sweating) to shivering. Shivering is not a good thing. BRRR it is cold here, okay, I also know that everything is relative. It was very nice and warm here yesterday. When I got up this morning, it was in the 60's and within a couple hours, it was down in the 40's and there was a really strong northerly wind. We are not prepared for temperatures this cold in this area. And I will not quit complaining about it, thank you very much.

So, I had a very nice time this morning, Jody and I went to TWO different Tractor Supply stores, because the first one did not have the hay ring I needed to move the cattle to the other pasture. Longhorn cattle cannot use a normal hay ring, because if they were to get their horns caught, they might break their necks trying to get them free...so they need hay rings similar to those that horses would use. You probably need to see it to understand, but that will be another post.

It is cloudy and overcast here today (my friend Melody would love it, but her husband Bruce would need to sit for hours in front of the light box), and it looks like snow...at least it looks like I remember it looked like when I lived in Michigan as a younger me. I remember going pheasant hunting with my dad on days like these...okay, my dad did the hunting, and I just walked around looking at stuff. I have still never shot a gun in my life.

And this is what the cattle look like after getting fed. Heads down, keep out of the way and no one will get hurt. I am uploading two photos of the cattle so you can see each of the heifer calfs to their best advantage.
We have a great big fire in the fireplace, just had some lovely butternut squash soup for lunch, Jody is taking a nap, and I think I will have ice cream.

Now go do something nice for someone you don't like. That will put them off guard and make them very suspicious of your motives!

No comments:

Post a Comment