Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day Seven...

Many of you may not know it, but I have been known to ride my bicycle a bit...many long rides, but then, well, I learned how to ride-through the drive-through at McDonald's. That is another story...

This is a photo taken many years ago in the springtime in Austin while I was riding my bike. I have signed up again for the 10th Annual Hill Country Ride for AIDS, which will be held on April 25th of this year. I was a founding member of the ride many years ago, and I am getting back in the saddle. I am also a sponsor of the ride again this year, and in addition to that, I have set a personal fund-raising goal for myself of $2,500. The kick-off party for the ride is next Thursday, January 15th, and I would really like to have met my goal by that date, just so I can tell the other riders that it can be done! If you would like to make a donation to my effort (totally tax deductible), just go to this web-site http:www.hillcountryride.org and you can make an on-line donation. I think you just click on the "make a donation" button, and search for me...BILL EVANS. It is way simple, it's easy and no one will get hurt!

It is another beautiful day here in the Heart of Texas. What can I say, I am blessed to live here and enjoy all the bounties that come my way. Last night there was a nice little non-overachieving sunset, and I took a couple photos of it thinking I might use it in today's blog, but then I got all hopped up about the AIDS Ride. Well... Tonight the sunset was spectacular, but I did not have a chance to take any photos. Not to worry, sunrises and sunsets of the spectacular variety are relatively easy to come by out here in the country. You get away from all those buildings and structures, and you just never know what you will see.

Now, when you finish with this entry, go get your personal telephone book, and make a telephone call to someone you have not spoken to in a while. I honestly don't care whose fault it is, or why you haven't talked with them for a while...just pick up the phone and give them a call. You will be glad you did, and besides, someone has to make the first move.

No comments:

Post a Comment