Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day Three...

This was a really beautiful day in Texas. The high temperature (according to our nuclear clock and weather station) was 87 degrees (can't find the degrees symbol) and after we did some errands in Austin and more, we came home and sat out by the pool and just pretty much enjoyed the afternoon in the sun.

Who says I am not comfortable with my feminine side? I am the only person I know (man or woman) that is comfortable with their pink knock-off CROCS, and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Last night was relatively windy here, we are still not totally used to the fact that you could use the land around our house to test the aero-dynamic properties of items set to go into manufacture. It is not unusual for the winds to be gusting up to 30 miles per hour or more, and that just means more leaves in the pool...but that is okay, I like keeping busy.

I was scheduled to get the cattle moved into the other pasture today, but I will put that off until tomorrow, after a trip to my favorite store, TRACTOR SUPPLY. Yippee. I really like (love might be a little too strong in this instance, so I am sticking with like) that place, everything you need for out here!

My previous favorite was Home (homo) Depot, but they are now in second place.

I still have not used my credit card, but it is okay for me to do so if it is for gasoline purchases. My total monetary expenditures so far this year is $6.62...$2 for shoelaces yesterday and $4.62 for lunch today for me and Jody. Fiscal responsibility at its' finest.

It is supposed to turn cooler tomorrow, highs only in the 50's and then highs only in the 30's for Monday, my first day of working from home.

I am the luckiest person in the world, and I hope it shows.

Now, go do something nice for someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment