Friday, January 16, 2009

Day Sixteen...

Okay, all is well, everything is fine. IT IS STILL COLD! We got our government handout in the mail yesterday. Even though we are really a little closer to Austin than we are to other cities (Waco, Killeen and Temple) we do not get the Austin local channels on the DirectTV thing, so we are going to use an old Sony with rabbit ears as a back-up set (which actually gets the Austin local channels) in case of nuclear war or the satellite goes out (which are both kind of the same thing). So, if we get into some place civilized over the weekend, we will most likely stop and but the converter box. Our neighbors say it works really great, and that he gets channels from all over that he never even knew existed. Skeptic that I am, you will receive my usual response...We Shall See!

It is still COLD here, but at least tonight it is not supposed to down to freezing. Hopefully about ten degrees above freezing, and warming up over the weekend. When it freezes, I have to shut the water off to the cattle's trough, and that is a pain when it is cold...and then go out in the morning to make sure the tank did not freeze or break up the ice in the trough. It is really just something I would prefer not having to do! So, I will get my wish for a least a couple days. I really need to try to remember this complaint next July and August when we are begging for cooler weather. I won't.

We are planning on going out to dinner tonight, that is always interesting since we are in the discovery mode. There are lots of new places to investigate out in the country, so maybe we will try one of those, or just go into Georgetown and try something franchisish. I think we are going to try to get the stuff moved from the condo during the last week of January and/or the first week of February. The closing is scheduled for January (Friday) 13th. I am really not particularly superstitious about that, I do not think there will be any issues at all.

I heard a quote from Steve Jobs on NPR yesterday as I was driving in. He said "I will be dead soon" so why not try this? The quote was from 2004 when he was dealing with pancreatic cancer. Maybe we should all act as if we will all be dead soon, and experience the freedom that provides. Just an idea.

Now, go do something nice for someone, and it will come back to you many times over.

No comments:

Post a Comment