Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day Fourteen...

SCANDAL. HOLLYWOOD. MCGUFFIES. BUMPY BITS. SILICONE. BREAST ENHANCEMENT. Okay, so today's entry really has nothing to do with any of those things, and it has nothing to do with ANNA NICOLE SMITH either...it is just a cheap attempt on my part to attract readers who might be searching the Internet with those words. We shall see. Just to be on the safe side, let's add a couple other sure fire hit-getters. Lindsay Lohan. Katie Holmes. Britney Spears. Clay Akins. That ought to do it. I will keep you posted.

Today was an early day, and it was great. Before I even left the house, I had to go up in the attic to light the pilot on the water heater, and then I discovered that the attic lights on the OTHER side of the attic were on, so I had to go over there and turn those lights out. THEN I had to go out to the pasture to make sure the water trough had not frozen over (and it had not, but better safe than sorry), and then I left to teach. It was really a wonderful morning, I love doing stuff at the farm.

I did not make it in to the office today, I was teaching a class all day, and will finish the class tomorrow. I made it to the teaching location with no real serious problems, traffic was light and there were no collisions to contend with. Tomorrow I will leave about a half-hour later and should be there in plenty of time to get everything set up, make sure the power-points are working and that all is generally in good shape. I carry several back-ups of the teaching material, just in case something happens. Some places where I teach, I even carry a back-up projector, just to be safe.

It was a great class, and I am pretty sure no one was offended. Instructing adult learners has its' ups-and-downs, but it is generally rewarding for me and the learners. I think a lot of it depends on how you get the class started. Setting the ground rules and letting everyone know what they can expect is always helpful.Tomorrow is another day (I hope), so right now, why don't you go write a thank you note to someone who has done something nice for you in the last week or so. No e-mails, pick up your nicest writing instrument, find a nice piece of paper, write using your best cursive penmanship, and put some thought into it. The recipient of that missive will be very happy to receive it, and they will think nice things about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment