Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day Thirteen...

It is cold and windy here today, but not terrible for the middle of January. I just spoke with a friend of mine in New York, and it was 18 degrees when they awoke this morning, and it is expected to go down to zero later tonight. I do not feel bad about temperatures in the low 50's.

Jody came in to town this morning, so he came by the office and we went to lunch at Maria's Taco Village...what a fun place. We both like the Migas tacos, and they were great. There is a long story about this particular Austin restaurant...they were in a small shack for years-and-years and suddenly Walgreen's decided they wanted to build a new store in their space. To make a long story even less boring, eventually Walgreen's caved, moved the restaurant to an adjacent piece of land, and built them a new place. It looks like it has been there forever. In case any Austin purists check this entry, and if I don't have all the story and details 100% accurate...GET OVER IT!

So...after lunch I went to Wheatsville Co-op with a friend of mine looking for a kit to grow sprouts. Alfalfa Sprouts. Yes, that's right, ALFALFA SPROUTS. Even more odd than that is the fact that they had several different kinds of ways to grow them, and several different kinds of sprouts that could be grown. Once the word got out that we were looking for a sprout-growing kit, pretty much everything in the place came to a screeching halt, and the entire staff of the place converged in aisle 6 THE SPROUT DEPARTMENT. Okay, so I am exaggerating, BUT JUST A LITTLE BIT!

The trip home was uneventful, normal traffic issues, but I did stop to get some gas, even though I could have put it off until tomorrow. I am going to be leaving the house early though, since I am teaching a class on Wednesday and Thursday. I always like to be early, NEVER LATE and I always like time to get everything set up and ready. I am really looking forward to the class, they are always fun and I learn a lot by conducting them.

Now...go be nice to someone...perhaps you could be nice to an alfalfa sprout. Or perhaps you could send an alfalfa sprout to college. Or maybe...well, you can take it from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment