Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day Twenty One...

LIFE IS SHORT, HAVE DESSERT FIRST!

What a good day this is. Traffic this morning was relatively typical, just about an hour from the house to the office. Made a call to a freind of ours in Connecticut to wish him a happy birthday, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUCE! I make lots of phone calls from the car to-and-from, since that is actually quite time!

Lots and lots of work has been accomplished so far this morning. I am getting ready to leave for a luncheon at the Board of REALTORS, and that is good. REALTORS always can be counted on to show up for free food! The photo is of one of the trays of cookies that were provided for dessert. The cranberry pecan ones were the best!

The luncheon and the meeting were great, and my friend Chad is the chair of the committee this year! GOOD JOB CHAD! And, it was a great opportunity to see lots of old friends, have some lunch and have a good exchange of knowledge.

I am now on a search for hay. I still have four round-bales of hay, but with the conditions the way they are, the cattle are going through a bale about every tow to three weeks. At that rate, there will be no hay and if we don't get some rain, it will really be expensive. I had intended for a bale of hay to last a minimum of one month, but there needs to be some grass in the pastures to supplement tht. If anyone has a resource for decent hay (no Johnson grass) let me know.

Now, be a nice person, and take a pledge to contuinue your pledge you made yesterday for just one more day...and then one more to tomorrow, and then just one more day after that. You will feel better about yourself. I personally have reduced the number of bad words I have said today by at least 50%.

We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment