Monday, January 18, 2010

2010 - Day Eighteen...

There are lots of things to be thankful for in all of our lives, but one of the things I am thankful for is the weekends. I practically live for the weekends. As I have become more mature, and closer to 'a person of that age' I am really jealous of my free time. I love doing little things around the farm, and sometimes just doing nothing, although that is not really all that often. I really do need things to do, I am not good with free time. I need to stay busy, busy, busy! BUT, one of the things I look really forward to on the weekends is the opportunity NOT TO SHAVE. I know, you all think just because I have a beard that I don't shave anyway. Well, that just ain't so. People who are beardless do not even have to think about it when they shave, they just lather up and scrape everything off, no big deal. But when you have a beard, you have to be a trimmer and a touch-upper and a contortionist as well. You have to tidy things up, and you have to put some thought into it. A well groomed beard does not just happen, it takes work and lots of cultivation. This is serious stuff. And that is why I like the weekends. If I am lucky, I can shave on Thursday and not look at the razor again until Monday morning. That is if I am really lucky. And I usually am!

This morning started out grey and cloudy, even though I was not expecting that. Tom and I went to visit two of our managed properties, and when we returned, I had a couple errands I needed to take care of. I stopped at Souper Salad for lunch (all by my lonesome) and had a nice lunch. I did not even gorge myself, I just had a nice lunch. Soup (minestrone) and Salad (kind of a Caesar knock-off), a little bit of vegetarian lasagna (not that great, today was a test) and a slice of blueberry bread (not good ever since they changed the recipe about five years ago, but I still hope).

I got back to the office, and did a bit more work, and today really is slower than usual. Many folks I guess are really not working today. AND, the fact that I got pretty well caught up over the weekend has helped me out as well. I have made a few phone calls, and so far have really not had any response, so I guess tomorrow will be a little bit busier.

I did a little bit more about the cruise I will be leaving on in THIRTEEN more days. The closer it gets, the more I am looking forward to it. It is really just a big, floating sideways Hotel, but it will be fun. There will be a fun bunch of people going. I tell you what...you get a bunch of REALTORS together in a small space, and if the liquor is flowing there will be some interesting conversations! ALWAYS a blast!

I took off from the office early today, and did a couple errands on the way home. I made it home by about 4 o'clock, and that was pretty sweet. I thought abut doing a quick bike ride, but my knee is thinking otherwise. I do not want to push the envelope too far on this one. It turned out to be a beautiful day here, and the temperatures hit 70 degrees. Pretty darn nice for January. I spoke with one of our vendors in Virginia this afternoon, and she said there was still snow on the ground there from before Christmas. She did report that it was a very nice day today there too.

That is it for now. Almost dinner time, and I have to make time for the really important stuff! Deeds, Changes, Kindnesses, Actions, Whirled Peas, FUN! BUT...here is a little extra added something for you. As we were sitting down to dinner, the sunsetbecame better and better so I just wanted to share it with you. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment