Sunday, January 31, 2010

2010 - Day Thirty One...

The last day of January already. Where has the month gone? Well, it went, and there is nothing we can do about it. No do-overs, nothing left but today and all the tomorrows. I am about to leave the house and head to Galveston, where I will get myself and ALL MY BAGGAGE on a big cruise ship for the next week. This cruise will give me (and about 100 other REALTORS from the Austin area) continuing education credits for license renewal, and a chance to get to know each other better, while seeing how much liquor we can consume. I speak from experience of having witnessed this phenomenon on the last MCE Cruise I was on about three years ago. These things are a lot of fun, and I am looking forward to it. AND, tomorrow begins the Theme Blog Month, twenty-eight days of blog entries that (at least in some part) will have a theme. I cannot tell you what the theme is yet, but this photo should give you a little hint of a clue, a little teaser. It should be fun!

Okay, it is 3:20 and I have finally arrived at my cabin. My luggage, however, is nowhere to be seen. I did see a few of my fellow travellers while in the myriad of lines to board the ship…Jill, Pearce, Bob, Martha…I expected to see more, but it is a big ship, and lots of people.

I went and had some lunch, and, although I am being kind of crabby right now, I expect to be over it soon, and start having fun just any minute. Lunch was (basically) massive quantities of food with little or no taste. I tried the lasagna, a salad, a piece of bread and skim milk. I avoided the dessert stations. I have had food available for almost an hour, and I have avoided the dessert stations STILL. I do not expect that to last very long. I would really like to get through this cruise without having gained too much weight. I am not sure if that is possible or not, but I will try my best.

My cabin is okay, a king size bed, kind of a Halloween orange color palette, and stains on the couch (day bed) that I am not wanting to determine the origin of. Nice balcony on the port side, but the view side (at this minute) is on the other side. Once I got to the room, I tried to call Jody, but the line was busy. It remained busy, so I had no choice but to call a neighbor to tell him one of the phones must be off the hook or something. He called me back in a few minutes…it seems the cat had JUST NOTICED the telephone in the bedroom, and found it to be quite fascinating. I think a little tussle must have ensued, and the telephone lost. But all is better now, and that was my last contact with Jody for (probably) a couple days. It just depends onwhen/where I will have cell phone contact.

The ship safety message is on a continuous loop on the television right now, and I am about safetied out! I know many of the signals now by heart. ALL ABOARD THAT’S GOING ASHORE. That was the announcfement that was just made. Of course, it was not audible in my cabin so I had to open the door to hear it. That was a good thing, though, since I determined that two of my three bags were at the door. Hopefully the other one will appear shortly. The bag with all the instruction manuals are here, and the bag with my hanging clothing is here, but the bag with my four stashed bottles of wine are not here. I wonder if they have been confiscated? We shall see…
We are about to have to go to the safety section, so I am going down to the fourth floor. Back in a little while. Okay that did not take long, and I am back. I stood with Jana and her family, and listened about how to put on my life jacket. Hopefully, we will not need to use them this trip.

Okay, that is about it for this post. I need to do some snooping around the ship, and figure out where things are.

Deeds, Changes, Actions, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment