Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 - Day Four...

This was a busy day in the back to work world, so there was very little time to seek out interesting things to photograph (or digigraph as the case may be). This interesting still life is out in front of the house, in the area where Aunt Mary's house and garden was. It is mostly stuff (okay, all stuff) that we have collected over time and had decorating the front porch of the old farm. Here, since the house is made of stone and hardi-plank, it is not so easy to decorate the porch, so we have just put stuff here and there, and mostly the yard men rearrange stuff when they move it to cut the grass.

It was no problem getting into the office today, even though my goal to leave the house early did not materialize. I go up at about 4:30, and just kind of putzed around for a while before I got serious about getting ready for work. Once I got into the office, there was all kinds of things to do to recover from the long Holiday Weekend. But it was a good day, and a lot of good accomplishments were made.

I made mental notes of several instances when I was patient today, but now that I am posting, I cannot really remember the specifics. At least one of the instances was in the HEB parking lot at Oltorf and Congress. At any rate, I am still trying to keep that resolution to be more patient. Not sure how much longer it will last.

Coming home was not too much trouble, either, and I am still enjoying the book on CD that I have been listening to. Just when it is getting really interesting, is is about to be over. Oh well...

My biggest concerns right now are the next several days temperatures. We are supposed to have lows (in Austin) of about 20 degrees, and that may mean that it will be a few degrees colder here. AND, there is the chance that we will not even make it above freezing one day this week. Not sure what that will do to the water system here that I have to keep the cattle in water, even though I think everything will be relatively okay, it still concerns me a little bit. We will just have to roll with the flow!

I have been out there to check on the cattle and they were all accounted for. Each of the troughs they have access to holds about 50 gallons of water, and with is being cold, I do not think they are drinking that much water. Our total daily water consumption (house and animals combined) averages about 110 gallons a day recently, so I think they will be just fine. If they get really thirsty, they can always drink some of the ground water...maybe not, they are a little bit spoiled as cattle go.

I think Jody is going with the lighter dinner fare tonight. That works really well for me, because I tend to have a big lunch, and then usually an equally generous dinner, since Jody is a really good cook. But, tonight we are having soup and salad, so that will be a perfect conclusion to the day.

Deeds, Kindnesses, Changes, Actions, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment