Tuesday, January 26, 2010

2010 - Day Twenty Six...

Today has been a nice day. It was cold this morning when I got up, but not terribly so. I just thought I would use this photo to catch your attention. The thermometer on the front porch read right at about 32 degrees, and the nuclear powered weather station reported it to be over 40 degrees. Taking into consideration the location of the register on the latter, I really judge colder temperatures using the plain old mercury thermometer. So, I had turned off the water last night to the cattle, and since it was not really a hard freeze, I went out in the dark and turned the water back on. No threats of a freeze for the next few nights, so that is no issue.

On the way in, I stopped and filled the car up with gas, and ran it through the quarter-car-wash. Remember those? Well, inflation has now made (what used to be a quarter) the quarter-car-wash $8. EIGHT DOLLARS to take your car through the quarter-car-wash. You get a discount of $1 if you get more than 8 gallons of gas, but if my car took 8 gallons of gas, it would mean that I had to push it into the station. Whatever...

Every other Tuesday is recycle day on the street that runs along side our office, so I have made a deal with one of the neighbors that I can bring my recycling in from the country AND take the recycling from the office and deposit into his recycling container. This is pitiful, but when he fills up his container with his own recycling, it have to do the little 'stomp the recyclables' dance to make everything fit in. It is not usually too bad, but every now and then it is a challenge. USUALLY it is only a challenge when the weather is inclement...I am sure you understand that. There I am in the rain stomping of pie pans and milk jugs to get them to all go in the container. I am quite certain it is a site!

I am still working ahead, trying to get things done in anticipation of my being out of town all next week. Should not really be any big deal, I am fortunate to have surrounded myself with good, competent and reliable folks, and we are all in this together, so we will cover each other when it is necessary. I am working on my to-do list, and the to-dos are getting shorter and shorter!

Among other things, I had an appointment early this afternoon with a very wonderful friend of mine, even though we do not see each other that often. I wonder if absence make the friendships better? Could be... Anyway, I was on my way to the appointment and called to ask if he (Ed) had had lunch already. He had not, so we met at the Torchy's Tacos on Spicewood Springs Road, and had a very nice lunch. I think that is the first time I have ever had a 'Mexican' (Hispanic) Coca-Cola. Maybe it is just me, but I could not really tell any difference. I am sure I have just insulted many Coke Connoisseur, and if so, I apologize in advance. Anyway, lunch was very nice, and afterwards we went to Ed's condo and he listed the property for sale. He will be also purchasing a new home, so this will be a 'tag-team' kind of a deal, and I am certain he will find a wonderful new home for himself and his sweet (possibly hyper) puppy, whose name escapes me right now. I know it is a two-syllable name... Whatever...no that's three syllables...

Got back to the office, did a little bit more work, reconciled an account, and marked that off my to-do list. Tomorrow will be a full day of meetings, including my first full-on-meeting as a Director of the Austin Board of REALTORS. I am hoping I don't mess up too badly. I am prepped and ready! I think it will all be okay!

Oh yeah, I also had to stop at the Post Office this morning on my way to the appointment. SO, as I mentioned above, I got my car washed this morning, and as I was walking out to get in my car, I went to the DIRTY Prius, and tried to get into it. My bad...and the woman that owned the dirty Prius was right behind me, and she did not want to hear about the fact that I was more used to getting into a dirty car, blah, blah, blah... It does not look like there will be any kind of a spectacular sunset tonight, so I will close this post for today.

Deeds, Kindnesses, Changes, Actions, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment