Wednesday, January 6, 2010

2010 - Day Six...

Okay, let's get right into it. You can probably file the first part of this post in your 'Rants and Raves' folder. As you know (maybe) yesterdays post was somewhat abbreviated because of computer malfunctions (certainly not Computer-operator malfunctions). Anyway, the computer decided to delete my two or three paragraph rant against the machine. It is possible that the machine has more artificial intelligence than my 100% natural intelligence, and perhaps the computer knows better than I. Whatever the case, this post (initially) will be all with my own PERSONAL dissatisfaction with DELL COMPUTERS. Since 1995 or so, I have purchased not less than 25 computers from DELL COMPUTERS, both for my personal use and for my company. My business partner and I ordered big fancy DELL COMPUTERS (the XPS model with lots of bells and whistles), which have never worked. One of their customer service guru (really, a guru from a place that speaks English not the same way we do) said that we voided the warranty because we loaded software on the computer. REALLY? I thought that was what you were supposed to do with computers! Anyway, yesterday I had another bout with the most recent malady, which is the cursor (not the mouse) goes spastic. I rebooted the computer not less than 15 times (and you have to do a hard re-boot because you cannot move the cursor). Nothing worked. Called our computer genius, and scheduled a visit. After the computer sat for two hours, it fixed itself. HOW? Anyway, as much as it hurts me to say it, we will NEVER BUY DELL COMPUTERS again, and we are here in DELL COMPUTER-ville. So sad! DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed above are the opinions of the writer and may not necessarily agree with the opinions of management. The author of this entry is not advocating that any person agree with his opinion, and is not advocating the boycotting of any product. You are all adults, do what you want!

On a brighter note, I got lots of stuff done this morning, and headed out to the Board of REALTORS for the Professional Development Education meeting. First meeting of he year, the organization meeting for the year. 113 members on the committee, the largest committee at the Board. Lots of work done by this committee, and it takes a lot of people to do all that work. I have been a member of the committee for (I am not sure, I have slept since I I first joined) at least a dozen years. I sat at a table today that was occupied by NO ONE I knew, and I did that on purpose! It was a blast, and I had a big time. It is going to be a good year. Not everyone was in attendance when I snapped this picture, but we were all enjoying the lunch provided by one of our sponsors. Can you say TAMALES?

Still, so far this week has been kind of hectic...nothing really crazy or out of the ordinary, but lots of things to do, and big desires to get everything done that we can. The drives (knock wood) to and from work have not been horrendous, and I have gotten to where I enjoy the time I spend back and forth...always thinking!!! The bitter cold weather should hit around 4AM tomorrow morning or so, so that means we will not have a really hard freeze overnight tonight, but we do expect very hard freezes for the following three days. We are not at all used to this kind of weather events, so it is always a challenge for us (as property managers). Everything will work out the way it is supposed to, so there is really not too much worth losing any sleep over.

When I got home, I went out to check on the cattle, and to turn their water supply on. They were/are all doing well. The littlest calf has a nice fuzzy winter coat, and you can kind of see it in this photo. I get great satisfaction from raising these cattle, even though it is not anything I would have ever imagined for myself. BUT, there is the fact that I have received a lot of satisfaction from things in my life that I never expected I would do. I am truly a lucky person.

Coolish evening, so we are having some good hot soup for dinner tonight. Yum. Tomorrow will be an interesting day, winds are suppose to be gusting to forty miles per hour, and out here, there is nothing to stop the wind. Lots of flat land here, farm land. Tomorrow is also my Meals-on-Wheels day, so just hope for the best. It will all be okay, I just hope it is not raining.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment