Tuesday, January 19, 2010

2010 - Day Nineteen...

Okay, I did it, and now I will be in cell phone purgatory for a week or two. I went and bought myself a new iPhone, the survey I took over the last couple days was overwhelmingly in favor of going that way, and the folks that had the real issues with that phone have very real complaints. I am certain that I will have issues with the phone, but I know enough folks around with that phone that I believe I will be able to find someone who can help. I AM TALKING TO YOU ED! You know which Ed I am talking about, too. So far I can make and receive calls, and I can check e-mails on the phone. I have a 2 o'clock meeting at which time I will ask Tom if he can sync my Outlook, find a password app for the phone, and get the blue tooth in my car to work with it. If all that can happen today, I will be a happy guy.

I am amazed that Tom can make these electronic devices work effortlessly, and I told him that this morning on our way to lunch. He acknowledged that he is a GENIUS, an opinion that I agree with. He also said that it is just a good thing that he uses his powers for good and not evil, and I whole heartedly agree with that as well.

Today was our monthly NARPM luncheon meeting. National Association of Residential Property Managers. Always the third Tuesday of the month. Today we had speakers from the City of Austin about new maintenance codes the city is going to try and get through in this calendar year. Mainly deals with health and safety issues. BUT, before the meeting, I was asked to come to the front of the room to receive my Residential Management Professional plaque (RMP) from the National office. It took over a year to meet all the requirements for that designation, and the recognition was nice. I am already working on my MPM Designation (Master Property Manager). I can't wait to get that designation, so people can refer to me as 'MASTER'. Oh, and just so you don't have to say it, this photo is another in a series in which I look a lot like Burl Ives. Carrie says it is the vest. I just think it is the 'largeness' of the subject. Whatever!

Oh, and I had the pie with lunch too. I weighed myself last night, and so far this year, I have lost three pounds. Not too bad for a casual, just try to eat less kind of a diet plan. Once I can actually get on the bike a little bit more, I think I will make better progress. I need to get on a plan like one of our agents, Toni. She has lost about 12 or 15 pounds since the middle of December, but she is actually working at it. Going to the gym, exercising, that kind of thing. I am just trying to make small lifestyle changes that will be sustainable. We shall see...

When we got back from the luncheon, Carrie and I actually had a nice meeting with Toni in the office, working on her business plan, and confirming things that we can work on with her, and what we can support her on so she will become a successful agent. It is nice to work with someone who is motivated and someone will admit to others that she can use help and guidance to fulfill her dreams. We are happy to help, and we all understand that what is good for Toni is good for our company.

On the way home, I needed to stop again at the AT&T store for one more accessory for the new phone. Then I had to go to the Board of REALTORS for one piece of equipment, since the new phone does not have infra-red, and therefore will not help me access my lock boxes. Hopefully, this will be a small and short-lived inconvenience, since there is supposed to be an app soon that will give iPhone users access to our lock boxes. I HOPE SO!

Another nice sunset out here in the country. We have been really lucky these past few days, and it is interesting how quickly these sunsets fade. When we lived 'in-town' we were aware that there were gorgeous sunsets happening all around us, but we could not see them for all the buildings and other houses around us. Now, we get unrestricted views, sunrises and sunsets. I hope you like this photo.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bill,

    I too recently bought an Iphone. I probably had an incentive that you did not. My son worked on the programming for the latest upgrade. That is not to say that I know all there is to know, but I found it a great phone, with more possilities that I could expect. I also got a copy of a book called, Iphone - the missing manual. I got mine from a half priced book store. It is very easy to read and provides great detail on all aspects of how to use it. We also put my office on google calendar. Now we can all synch and I get calendar appts where ever I am.

    I love the aps!

    John Parker
    Lakewood, WA
    NARPM Gov't Affairs Director
    john@willowproperties.com

    ReplyDelete