Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 - Day 2; Sunday...

Alright, does anyone know the definition of the work 'ize', and particularly, why would you want to do that to your organ? Specifically, this is the definition (found on-line) of the word 'ize': a verb-forming suffix occurring originally in loanwords from Greek that have entered English through Latin or french ( baptize; barbarize; catechize ); within English, -ize is added to adjectives and nouns to form transitive verbs with the general senses “to render, make” ( actualize; fossilize; sterilize; Americanize ), “to convert into, give a specified character or form to” ( computerize; dramatize; itemize; motorize ), “to subject to (as a process, sometimes named after its originator)” ( hospitalize; terrorize; galvanize; oxidize; simonize; winterize ). Also formed with -ize are a more heterogeneous group of verbs, usually intransitive, denoting a change of state ( crystallize ), kinds or instances of behavior ( apologize; moralize; tyrannize ), or activities ( economize; philosophize; theorize ). Well, what about 'organize'? That is pretty much what I spent a great deal of time doing today, and I must say I am pretty darn happy with the results. BUT, I still am not sure what any of what I did today has to do with my organ. Feel free to comment...

In between the several breaks I took from 'organizing', I got a good bit of other things completed today, none of which was really worthwhile, but I did them anyway. By about noon I had 'organized at' the office at home and had completed a good bit of filing away of papers that I had previously filed away. Out of sight, out of mind, but at least now I have a more distinct idea of exactly where I might find something just in case I may ever need it, or if I may ever need to defend myself in case of an IRS audit. Whatever...

After I freshened up a bit, Jody and I went off to Georgetown, stopping first at the Dairy Queen for spoilers (I love this new diet I am on), and then to Home Depot where I was considering exchanging the cordless drill I had received from Jody as a Christmas gift. OF COURSE, the drill worked exactly as intended when we were there at the exchange desk, so we brought it back. Everyone at Home Depot was very nice an amenable, and they said we could still bring it back within 90 days. It is not that we will be using the drill every day, so I will be in search of things to 'drill' in the near future to make sure it works properly. Feel free to make appropriate comments if you have suggestions about subjects that might need to be 'drilled'.

After that, we went to Walgreen's where I bought some personal hygiene items, and then we went into Round Rock where I got a new pair of work boots (another gift from Jody).

On the way back home, we had a call from Irene (our neighbor) who said they had some rusty junk they were getting ready to get rid of and did I want to come scope it out before they hauled it off. Do our neighbors know me or what? So I have a truck bed pretty much filled up with rusted iron objects that you never know what you might have a need for. Yard art is always in the eye of the beholder.

We also stopped in Georgetown at Chipotle where we picked up dinner to go. Yummy!

Tomorrow is the beginning of the new work week. I am pretty much looking forward to it. It is going to be a good year.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RUSTY CRAP, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment