Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 - Day Eight; Saturday...

Excellent day today, and chances are tonight will be better (if we get the predicted rain), and tomorrow will be even better yet, because I can probably get all my working stuff done in the morning and have the afternoon so Jody and I can go and do something fun! We shall see...

I stayed in bed late this morning (for me anyway) and when I finally got up, I went and did my morning things, read the paper, had coffee. Ordinary stuff. Finally I made an egg loaf, and alternated doing real estate stuff (officey kind of things) and farm stuff. A little real estate, and then I went out and fed the cattle. A little bit of real estate stuff, and then I took a fresh bale of hay out to the cattle. That kind of thing.

Minnie has a hurt foot, I think. She is favoring her left front foot/leg. It does not seem to be swollen or anything, but she is favoring it a little bit, and kind of holding it up like a dog would if it had a hurt foot. I need to pay close attention to it. This is a picture of Minnie when I was feeding them this morning, she does not look terribly hurt, but I am still worried (okay, not worried yet) and I will keep a close watch on her. The photo below is of the two steer calves in from, that is 'Sleepy' on the left and 'Chairman Moo' on the right, with our first born calf 'Violet' in the background. Violet is a REALLY small cow, and she has already had her first calf. She is just genetically a small cow. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

After a little bit more real estate stuff, Jody and I went into Taylor to get some more cattle feed. Then we stopped at the Taylor Cafe and got some brisket and sausage for dinner tonight, then we went to Dairy Queen for spoilers, then we went to Walgreen's, then we went to Wal-Mart, then we came back home. Well, in between I got a call from Carrie, and so we drove past her property in Taylor just to see it. THEN we cam home.

Jody went down for a nap, I took the feed out to the feed shed, and then I took eggs to Pauline and Hubert and then some to Randy and Irene. And, all along the way I had to stop and gossip with everyone.

Let the chickens loose and we got five eggs from them today. Their production may really go down this week because it is supposed to be extremely cold and rainy the next several days. Maybe a good haul tomorrow, but the first part of the week is supposed to be bad.

We have a fire going in the stove, and Jody and I are playing Scrabble. This is the fourth time in a row that Jody has clobbered me at Scrabble. And, I can tell you truthfully, multi-tasking is not helping my game any at all, but it will help me call it a day quicker.

Tomorrow will be great!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHORE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment