Friday, January 21, 2011

2011 - Day Twenty One; Friday...

Okay, a good day was had by most. I spent almost the entire day (except for lunch) in the office. Lots of good accomplishments. Around 11 o'clock, Chris came into the office, and I/we/he spent most of the rest of the afternoon (except for lunch) trying to get me up to speed with some new and some not-so-new technology. I most likely should not have gone to the iPad class yesterday, but since I have an iPad, I figured it was time to try and do more with it than just holding down papers on the bookcase. SO, I got some good insight to the iPad, hopefully got one of my older laptops working better (have not tried it out yet), god some new programs on my newer home laptop (the one I am using right now) got some things fixed (down-load wise) on my iPhone, AND got the little NANO downloaded with some music and a book on CD. Pretty much happy with the days events, I just hope I can now remember how to work everything.

I left the office about 3:30 and had an errand to do, so I made it home about 5 o'clock. It is still bitterly cold here, but I am certain we are no where near as miserable as other folks in the country. The temperature today in International Falls, Minnesota was FORTY SIX DEGREES BELOW ZERO. Now, I don't care who you are, that is just not right. Why do people live there? This kind of thing happens a lot, from what I understand. AND, I don't care if it is only 10 degrees below zero, I don't think there is really that much difference. You do not want to go out in it, no matter what it is. This is not something where you hear a lot of people say 'It feels good outside'. I think when it is that cold, you need to keep it inside, where it won't break off. IDIOTS!

We now return to our regularly scheduled program, already in progress.

What was I talking about? I am not sure, but let's go with this. Oh yeah...when I got home, I went out to feed the chickens, and I refused to pick Ruby up and carry her to the pen. I kind of nudged her along with my foot, and when the other chickens saw this, they thought that looked like fun, so they all got out of the pen to come and join the playtime. Finally got them all back in the pen, and fed them. Jody got four eggs today, and there was another 'egg casualty', this one looked like they laid it while they were on the roost. I guess every now and then an egg will take you by surprise, but when you gotta lay, you gotta lay and there is no getting around it.

We decided to go to dinner tonight at the Denny's in Jarrell. OMG, they just kept bringing more and more food to us. I ordered a salad with chicken fingers and a bowl of clam chowder. The bowl of chowder was enough for a meal in and of itself. Jody ordered the talapia and a bowl of chowder and a side salad. The salad was HUGE and then they brought us four pieces of (I think) cornbread. Whatever. We brought two carry-out packages home with us. We just really do not eat as much as a lot of folks. I think we must be big-boned or something!

Tomorrow morning should be our last REALLY cold day for a week or so...not really expecting any 20 degree low temperatures on the seven-day forecast, anyway.

One more thing before I forget. Today is our friend Bruce's birthday. Bruce and his wonderful bride Melody (but this is about Bruce, not Melody) live in Connecticut where Melody loves the weather they are having and Bruce spends his days in front of a light box. We have not called him to wish him a great day, we will do that tomorrow, but we wanted to make sure we acknowledged his special day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUCE! We love you both!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DENNY'S, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment