Thursday, January 20, 2011

2011 - Day Twenty; Thursday...

egg loaf \eg lof\ n [fr loaffe] 1971 - variant of food dish made from the reproductive produce of a common chicken - somewhere between 'scrambled eggs' and the more up-scale and omelet - also known as the 'hoity-toity' scrambled egg.

egg loaf \eg lof\ v 2011 - what happens when an egg does not get enough exercise

I never cease to be amazed when people e-mail me or ask me about things that I write in these journals. An egg loaf is really just scrambled eggs, and in my case I put whatever I can find that sounds good into the mix; hot dogs (sliced), cheeses of various sorts, mushrooms, salsa, whatever I can find. Nothing fancy BUT DELICIOUS! I started this back in the REALLY early 70's when I was still living in Memphis and the bars were closing but I was not ready to shut down. I would announce to selected folks that the egg loaf was going to be prepared at 'my place' and it was open to pretty much everyone. Memphis was really a sad little place back then, and the years have not been kind to it, so I fear it is even worse now. BUT, that is what an egg loaf is. You are welcome...

Had a couple meetings today, and then I actually did some speed real estate in the office for a couple hours this afternoon. I even squeezed in a iPad class, and that was pretty darn good. Carrie and I have had the iPad's since about October of last year, and the class today was really good. Big plans for that dude starting tomorrow.

It was chicken roulette day today. We got four eggs from the girls today, and of course when I went out to feed them, all but one of them were hiding in back of the house. I finally found all of them, but Ruby is the lagger, and she is quite happy to be carried and put into their pen. This, I am afraid, is going to be a really bad habit, but it was so cold this afternoon, I did not feel like fooling around with her. She is pretty much finished getting me trained, and I will be the one to pay that price. By the way, Ruby is the red chicken (known as a 'production red') on the far right in this photo.

A cold front came through this morning, and we have been having really strong north winds today. Jody said the gauge was showing wind gusts of 24 miles per hour, and that particular gauge is not in the optimal spot, so I expect the gusts were even higher. We have produced a good bit of energy and returned it to the grid today, so that is a good thing...the bad thing is the low temperature tonight will be about 24 degrees, and we all thought this CRAP was over with for the season. We are too confused...

Tomorrow will be a good day of getting work done in the office, and it is going to be a bit of a 'technology' day for me. I am very happy about that. Woo-Hoo!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WIND CHILLS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment