Wednesday, January 26, 2011

2011 - Day Twenty Six; Wednesday...

I got home from my bee keeping meeting pretty late (for me) last night. I am not usually out after dark, we old guys have to be home before the street lights come on, too bad we don't have street lights out here! ANYWAY, ordinarily I would have been unable to go right to sleep, but I have no recollection of laying awake, so that is a good thing! The meeting was fun and informative, and that is an extra plus. I do not think I will be needing to order any bees this spring, my colonies (hives) are doing very nicely from what I can tell. I am a happy guy in that (and all other) regard. You do know that I am the luckiest man in the world, right?

NEWS FLASH: I just found out that what I learned in my high school typing class was all wrong. You are no longer supposed to leave two-spaces after a period in your correspondence (and I assume that is the case with colons also). The reasoning behind this is that old style typewriters used mono-spacing (that is not the correct term) but what it means is that every character, number and symbol on old typewriters were evenly spaced. Today, with word processing, each character takes up only the space it needs, therefore, no need for double spacing after a period. I am not sure I will be able to follow this new rationale, but I will do my best.

We had our first Board Meeting of the New Year today, and it was a VERY GOOD MEETING. Kudos to incoming chair Judith, and big thanks as well to outgoing Chair John. These folks make it look really easy, and I can tell you it is NOT easy.

After the meeting, I made it to the office for some power real estate, and that was all good. I had intended to leave the office kind of early, but either I didn't or traffic was such that I still did not arrive at the house earlier than usual. Not sure exactly what happened there.

I did not go out to check on the cattle this afternoon, I did use the binoculars to check that Orchid was doing well, so I am making the assumption that everyone else is doing well also. The chickens gave up five eggs today (and six yesterday), and they were ready for me to feed them. After I fed them, I was sitting at my desk and saw seven bunnies crossing the porch. Must have been a family on the move.

I have a meeting beginning tomorrow morning at 7AM, so that means I need to leave here between 5:30 and 5:345. Over and out!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BUN FAMILIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment