Tuesday, January 11, 2011

2011 - Day Eleven; Tuesday...

Today is 1.11.11. And November 11th will be 11.11.11. I'm just sayin'...

I have determined that in my old age I will be a counter and a reader; counting things (like eggs) and reading things (like electric meters and water meters. If I could be paid for the things that I (obsessively) count, read and record, my future would be made. I 'track' things; eggs, gasoline mileage, KwH's, gallons consumed, the numbers of people in classes I attend, the number of seats that a theatre auditorium can accommodate. I am doomed. How did this happen. Ultimately, I guess I really don't care. I am happy with my routines (one of which includes this journal), and therefore I see no reason to change. Again, I am just sayin'!

I had a really good day at the office and beyond today. Made a TREPAC presentation at one of the Keller-Williams offices with my subcommittee co-chair Karen, and that was a lot of fun. I really enjoy passing on the word about TREPAC.

When I got back to the office, Carrie and I went to the South Austin Cafe (I think that is the name of it), it used to be called Vinnie's. Totally UNDERWHELMED! How can you really screw up a Cesar Salad? Well, I will tell you. It all starts with the indifference of the wait staff and it goes downhill from there. Carrie said she and Marshall had been there before and were not at all impressed. Here is the kicker, I gave the waiter a five-dollar tip. Now that I am at home, I am wondering why I did that. Five Bucks for crappy service, crappy food and nothing else. If I had been asked how I enjoyed my food, I would have offered some constructive criticism, but it was not important to the staff or management. No one cared. I do not believe I care to return, and I will be happy to get that word out as well.

WELL, I am glad that little rant is over!

Once I got home this afternoon, I cleaned the wood stove out and got another fire going. It is supposed to be kind of chilly tonight (Chili Today, Hot Tamale!), but I have every confidence that we will (for the most part) all survive the ordeal. One more night of really cold (for us) weather, and then we will be back to some semblance of normal.

Four eggs from the girls today, and they were not ready to be 'cooped-up', but I got them in anyway.

Tomorrow WILL be another day!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NICE FIRES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment