Thursday, January 6, 2011

2011 - Day Six; Thursday...

THIS JUST IN - BREAKING NEWS - HOLD THE PRESSES - NEWS FLASH - Government workers today named your journal guy (that would be me) a 'person of interest' in what they called an 'international bee-conspiracy' involving 'at a minimum, the Interstate trafficking' of honey bees that have had 'major steroid enhancement' and placing competitors in an 'unfair disadvantage' and unable to 'actively compete in the market'. Unidentified sources said they had suspected the otherwise mild-manners real estate broker of 'shooting up his bees' for months now, but never could really confirm their suspicions. When reached at his home, the blogger would not speak directly with officials and a spokesperson in the home said only 'no comment, but do you have an English muffin on you?'. Okay, for true, this lovely big bee was delivered today and was sent from our friends Joe Mac and Carolyn in Mississippi. WE LOVE HER! Thanks. Oh, and by the way, her name is Bea! Bea-Bee.

Nice day at the office today, good productive meetings and all things are going nicely for the new year. I only had four clients on my Meals-On-Wheels route this morning, but I did get to see my favorite. Unfortunately, her care-giver was ill and she was home alone, so that is a bit of a challenge for her. I guess everyone is entitled to feel badly every now and then.

I left the office a little early today, since we have electricians working at the house and I needed to stop and get a few things at CostCo on the way home. Have I told you lately that I love CostCo? Well, let me tell you I LOVE COSTCO. I had an especially wonderful experience today at the CostCo on Research Boulevard. I was going down the aisle and noticed a couple guys that looked very professional and obviously in charge. It turns out they were both managers, and I asked them if they new when they would be installing car chargers for their customers. One of the gentlemen (Scott) told me he had managed a store in Burbank (as in 'beautiful downtown) and they had six charging stations there and no one ever used them. We had a wonderful long talk and I told him Austin was a hot bed interest in electric and plug-in vehicles. He called one of his facilities guys (I am assuming in California or Washington), and asked if they had any plans for adding chargers to any of the stores. A very nice and interested store manager, and I will talk up the glories of that particular store for months to come! By the way, I also asked if he could check into 'sustainable chocolate' as well, as long as he was checking on things.

ANYWAY, home now, and kind of disappointed that the electricians have been here for a long time, and they just asked if it was okay that they come back tomorrow morning to finish up. Of course, the main thing I was excited about (my 240 volt charger in the garage) has not even had anything done to it. Another of life's disappointments that I will get over and not even remember in a couple days. No big deal in the grand scheme of things. Boo-Hoo for me!

On an upbeat note, Jody and I are heading out to the Catfish Parlour for dinner tonight, that will be lovely, and it will make up for all the disappointments that have come my way this year. Really, there have been no disappointments this year, so I count myself among the VERY LUCKIEST of people. Inhale PINK, exhale BLUE!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GOOD EXPERIENCES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment