Friday, January 28, 2011

2011 - Day Twenty Eight; Friday...

A really beautiful day in central Texas. I actually slept a little bit later than usual, so I did not leave the house until almost 7 o'clock. I was still feeling kind of full from dinner last night so I did not have any breakfast. Unfortunately, the way things went, I did not have any lunch, either. So, I am a little bit hungry right now.

I got into the office and got a good bit of work done. I actually put files from last year into file boxes in anticipation to taking them to storage. I am making some good progress in getting things cleared away from last year, and getting things organized for this year. Organization makes things all simpler.

At 10 o'clock, a friend and colleague Ryan came by and we headed out to the Clayton Homes lot on what used to be Ben White Boulevard. They have two or three modular construction homes on the lot there, and they were really interesting to see. Green building principles are really going to become more important to all of us in the very near future, and sustainability is really going to become more and more important. There are all sorts of configurations for these homes, and I think it is interesting that Clayton Homes seems to be taking the lead to make this product available to consumers. Their sales rep there said they sell every home they get. Interesting...

After that, I went out and previewed a small condo complex and sent an Association Management draft to one of the owners. A very nice small complex, and it was referred to me by another colleague Jeanne (say hi to Mr. Buns for me, I saw his photo on you page today). One of our agents (Chris) went with me to preview that property, and then we went out to another condominium project in Northwest Austin and met with the owner of one of the units there. We were hired to lease and manage her unit there, and that will be a nice transaction for all involved.

Overall, a really nice day. I had intended to leave the office early but it just did not happen. Traffic was not TOTALLY TERRIBLE today, so that was a bit of relief. I made it home, got the binoculars out and could easily see Orchid and Cool Breeze in the pasture, so there seems to be nothing to worry about.

Jody got four eggs from the girls today, and when I went out to feed them, one of the Plymouth Rocks was missing. Jody found her on the back patio and he carried her around to the front where she finally decided she could make it on her own to share in the bounty with the other girls.

Tomorrow is another day, and I will happily report its outcome to you when the time is right!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MODULAR STUFF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment