Monday, January 17, 2011

2011 - Day Seventeen; Monday, MLK, Jr. Day...

Well, the sun indeed did come out tomorrow (if you were singing that song yesterday, and it was lovely today. It took it until (I think) the afternoon for it to happen, but it did. Someone in the office remarked about it, so I started screaming 'MY EYES' like Igor in the Young Frankenstein movie. No one got the reference, so it was just another instance of me acting like an idiot. AND, it was not one of those things that 'You just had to be there' either. NO, YOU DID NOT have to be there, it was pretty lame no matter how it is related to you. Whatever...this photo is proof that we had clear skies today, I am not just making the whole thing up!

BUT, we did have a nice day in the office today. We had out bi-weekly Strategic Planning meeting, and that was really nice. A lot of good planning and also MAKING SURE the plans get implemented. Lots of good work accomplished on my part, and this year is really getting off to a good start.

A nice lunch with Pat and Chris, and then back to tracking down clients, and getting ready for this week. I have the feeling that I have something scheduled that is not on my calendar. I am pretty sure I have everything on my calendar, but I just have this anxiety that something is going to be overlooked. We shall see..

Here is more validation that the batteries in my car are more efficient when the outside temperatures are higher. I got to the office this morning and plugged the car in. I did not drive ANYWHERE today during the day (that will not be the case tomorrow), and when I got into the car to come home this afternoon, it said I had a 32 mile charge. Well, I made it almost 45 miles before it switched to the generator. I think that is great! AND, I was charging on 110 volts, not the 240 volt charging capability I have at home. Very pleased. I can only imaging how far I will be able to go when it is 100 degrees outside. Not really; I expect I will run the batteries down with air conditioning and those types of things, but it will be an interesting learning experience.

We got five eggs from the girls today, and we have turned off their infra-red heat lamp for the next several days. It is not supposed to be REALLY cold here for at least a few days, and I think they will appreciate the dark so they can sleep better. Do you think they really care about sleeping with a light on? I am not sure, and that is not something I have ever encountered when researching chickens. BUT, with our egg collecting today, we have collected over 500 eggs in the less than seventeen weeks we have been getting the eggs from them. I think they are very happy girls. If the are not, they can file a class-action-chicken-suit against us, and see if we ever worry that they are too cold again!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EGGS, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment