Saturday, January 15, 2011

2011 - Day Fifteen; Saturday...

The locusts and the plague should hit town before mid-night. Before that, however, we are expecting snow, ice and (during the intermission) a little bit of fire and brimstone. That is it, I have had it with this weather. It has been cold for AT LEAST five days, now it is gray, gloomy, overcast, raining AND COLD. It has not been more than the mid-40's for the last two days, and I am on a short-fuse. I don't care what it is doing up north in those square (and otherwise unrecognizable states) those folks have made a CONSCIOUS decision to live there, and they know the odds of having freakish weather are AT LEAST 50/50. That is why WE live in Texas. The really only freakish things we endure on a consistent basis is the HEAT, and at least them we can take off all our clothes and jump in the pool. I am not sure that I own enough clothes to keep me warm during this period of meteorological mayhem. I SURRENDER. Tell me what I have done, and (maybe) I will consider repenting for my mis-givings. The Sun Will Come Out TOMORROW, MY AS*! It is almost 8 o'clock in the evening, and I want to see some sunshine NOW! Whatever...

So, I got up this morning and made made Jody and myself a nice egg-loaf. Then it was off to the Board to teach an Ethics class which will be for the benefit of TREPAC. I am going to teach a TREPAC benefiting class on the third Saturday of every month. I new idea to gain participation and investment in TREPAC. If you need more information, let me know.

When I got home from the class, Jody and I were pretty non-committal about what we wanted to do, but I finally got us both up and we headed in to Georgetown. It is Saturday after all, and that means spoilers at the Dairy Queen. Jody then wanted to go to HEB, and I went to Tractor Supply, and we came back home. MISERABLE weather for driving, although it is a fine day if you are a duck.

Not s much if you are a chicken. When we got home, I went an let the girls loose, collected five eggs from their nesting boxes, and I came back in and started reading my newest copy of PEOPLE magazine and promptly decided it was a great time for a TWO-HOUR-NAP! It kind of took the edge off things, but it may also have made me just a little bit grumpy.

Tough!

When I woke up, we watched the news, and Jody made a lovely dinner of salad, salmon and some cheesy rice and veggies. A glass or Merlot, I will finish this entry, and I will be done for the night.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, YUMMY DINNER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment