Friday, August 19, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Thirty One; FRIDAY!!!

Okay, well, perhaps I am a little bit too excited about it being Friday, but I am ready for it. My weekend will actually start about 1 o'clock tomorrow afternoon, since I am teaching a class at the Austin Board of REALTORS tomorrow morning. On the way home from class, I am stopping by the Taylor Bar B Cue and bringing home ribs for dinner. OMG they are GREAT. AND, the dog-boy benefits, and you know it is all about the dog-boy.

Somebody is getting some hay, this truck took the 2243 exit I think this morning, heading somewhere towards Leander off IH-35. And it looks like really good hay, too. If I had to guess, I would say it was at least $150 per bale, so that means there is about $3,500 worth of hay on that truck. I am very pleased that I did not sell any of the hay we produced here. I think I still have 40 or 50 bales of hay, and hopefully we will get some more rain in the future (there is a tropical depression in the Atlantic that holds a little promise for us) I will be able to cut and bale some more hay. Keep you fingers crossed for me and the cattle. Jeanne, I will bring Mr. Buns some hay at the next BOD meeting.

All is well on the chicken front as best as I can tell. Since I have been home, I went out and checked on the chicks and they were all accounted for. I think I have also seen four of the five big girls, but it is so darned hot outside they are hanging out somewhere cool and maybe a little bit damp. They seem to gravitate to the HVAC compressors and the discharge line. From where I am sitting, I can see three of them, and I saw another one, so if I could see both of the barred rocks at the same time, that would account for everybody (chicken speaking). This is a photo of one of the little chicks (not so little anymore), kind of in a silhouette. I think it looked better in reality than it does in photo.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAY BALES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment