Saturday, August 20, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Thirty Two; Saturday...

Honestly, it IS all about the hay, baby! You know it is bad when the county roads around here are teeming with trucks hauling (what they refer to as) hay. All the area farmers are baling the remnants of their failed crops this year (corn, Milo, etc) and I cannot understand if there is any nutritional value of this stuff or if it just gives the cattle the perception of something to eat, chew, digest and pass. I think it is just something the cattle eat our of habit, and if they are not getting some kind of supplemental nutrition from their owners, it is just an exercise in futility. Maybe those of you out there that are more learned about this subject can help me out.

This was a day of accomplishments, even though most of them were minor accomplishments. Even though it was Saturday, I was up at 4:30 because I needed to head into Austin to teach a class at the Board. SO, before I could leave, I needed to do my chores and get some other things accomplished here at the house before heading into town.

Had a really good class (TREC LEGAL UPDATE) that the proceeds from the class went towards the students investment in TREPAC. We REALLY need to be investing in TREPAC more now than ever before, but don't get me started.

I had taken the truck into Austin, because I needed to run some errands on the way home, particularly, I needed to stop at Tractor Supply in Taylor to pick up a new hay ring, one of my other ones collapsed last week, so it needed to be replaced. On the way (of course) I stopped at the Texan Cafe in Hutto and picked up a couple slices of pie for me and Jody; Chocolate of some sort and Key Lime. We will split the slices, and so we will both be able to enjoy both. There is another check mark for your list Joe-Mac!

Picked up the hay ring, and stopped to put gas in the truck, even though I really was not in need of gas. I am glad I was not REALLY in need of gas, because the truck took NINETY DOLLARS Worth of gas. I wonder how much it would be if it REALLY needed gas? Whatever...

Got home and Jody and I headed off to Georgetown for our weekly spoiler, Hot Fudge Sundae's at Dairy Queen. I think tomorrow I will try a peanut buster parfait (recommended by my friend Tandy). I will let you know how that works out!

This is a photo of Terry, Carrie and myself from last Thursday night at the TREPAC Wine Tasting at Green Pastures. I am pretty sure a fun and good time was had by all!

Tomorrow will be a slower day, as should be most of next week. I do have a closing next week, and closings are always a good thing. I need MORE closings, please. Pretty Please? Oh, and as long as I am asking, can I have some rain, too? Just checking.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FULL TANKS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment