Thursday, August 25, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Thirty Seven; Thursday...

Good news boys and girls. It rained for about 49 seconds in downtown Austin this morning. This is what happens when it rains; everyone in our building was out of their offices and playing. Toni and Carrie were dancing in the rain. It was quite a site. Traffic almost came to (or skidded to) a stop temporarily. Well, I have to admit, it was fun for the few seconds it lasted. It did rain enough that MOST of the dots connected, but there was no measurable amounts recorded anywhere. IT (you remember IT) did provide enough cloud cover that the temperatures did not get to the century mark in Austin, but further north (where we live) it did exceed that. BUT, since there are no records (of ANYTHING) in or around Bartlett, we just go by what happens in Austin, so our record of 70 days over 100 degrees is stagnant. We will wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Even though I had expected really increased traffic during my commutes all week, it really did not hit until this morning, going and coming. It did take me a little longer to get to the office this morning, maybe an extra 20 minutes or so, but it seemed like I was stopping a lot. On the way home, I was delayed by FOUR FIRES just off the Interstate, between Grand Avenue Parkway and the Toll Road. A couple buildings (warehouses) were destroyed, and traffic was back-ed up for miles. Seems to be some controversy as to whether the fire (I am telling you , I saw FOUR different fires) was started by a car fire or by someone throwing out a cigarette. Who knows, but I saw more folks driving down the Interstate this afternoon flicking cigarettes out the window. Makes me very sad. What are these people thinking?

This is another photo taken JUST AFTER the rain event. Not really sure what you call an 'event' that lasts under a minute. ANYWAY, the clouds were pretty darned impressive, so I thought they would make a good mention in this entry.

This morning I had nine folks on my Meals-On-Wheels route, and Chris one of the agents in our office went along with me. I think he enjoyed it, and I certainly enjoyed him going along with me. Before we went to each clients house, I would tell him a little bit about the client, what they would be wearing (in some cases) and stuff like that. Most of it went pretty much as I thought it would. It was fun, and it is always something I enjoy doing. All my favorites were on the route today, so that was fun!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TEASER RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment